Why are clear aligners better?
Teeth straightening has come a long way with the advances in Science and Technology. If you have decided to get your teeth straightened, now is the best time. There are so many options available. Teeth straightening is not just done for cosmetic purposes but also for dental health conditions too. Now, get an aesthetic smile that makes you want to show off those pearly whites while ensuring a healthy set of teeth at every chance you get.
We all desire an aesthetic smile like that on the models on those large billboards. According to experts, deciding to have your teeth straightened is always a good idea. Straightening also improves the functioning of the teeth and the jaw muscles in general. A dental disorder exposes patients to a number of complications:
- Increased number of cavities due to the complexity of cleaning overlapping teeth
- Fractures in poorly positioned teeth
- Chronic inflammation of the gums
- Temporomandibular joint problems
But which one to go for?
Braces have been popular for the last many decades. We have seen the evolution of these metal teeth straighteners from plain to colorful to even ceramic braces. However, another contender to get you the most desirable aesthetic smile entered the market in the last decade and is slowly taking over the dental world. Yes, we are talking about the Clear Aligners! These customized, near-invisible plastic trays are a better-looking substitute for traditional braces.
How do Clear Aligners Work?
While both clear aligners and traditional braces are popular and effective ways to get an aesthetic smile, they are quite different in their approach to straightening your teeth.
Braces correct the position of the teeth both individually and simultaneously. A small metal or porcelain bracket is bonded to the front of the teeth and interconnected by an archwire, the tightness of which may vary, to gradually shift the teeth according to a predetermined plan. This setup applies very slight but steady pressure on the teeth to move them into their optimal position. The wire will need to be replaced several times with a thicker wire to continue shifting the teeth until the desired results are obtained.
On the other hand, clear aligners do not use brackets or wires. It is a modern and near-invisible method for correcting the majority of orthodontic problems. They align teeth just as braces do, but using a transparent, removable aligner. Aligners are designed to make small movements at a time, by putting gentle pressure on your teeth. That pressure is transferred through your roots to your jaws. During this gradual shift, your gums are reforming around each tooth.
Once every tooth is in its proper place, your gums will adhere snugly to the teeth. Treatment with clear aligners involves creating a virtual model of your teeth with a computer program to show you all of the steps involved, from the initial position of the teeth up to the final desired result. This way, you can actually see what changes you can expect and the order in which they will happen. Then according to your treatment plan, customized trays or aligners will be 3D printed which you can wear to get your desired aesthetic smile.
How are Clear Aligners better than Braces?
Clear aligners have grown in popularity over the past couple of decades as an option for straightening or realigning your teeth. A few of the reasons why people should or do go for aligners than braces include:
1. Aesthetics: Clear aligners are a solution for patients seeking a more discreet orthodontic treatment than conventional braces. It helps to avoid the hassle of bands, wires, and mouth irritation so that they can achieve an aesthetic smile in a simpler, less noticeable way, especially for people who wish to obtain straight teeth while still feeling comfortable in social situations.
2. Entirely Removable: Most of the patients do not want to go for braces because of their non-removable nature. While in the case of clear aligners, removing the trays is super easy. However, teeth only move when forces are applied consistently. For that reason, you must be disciplined in wearing your aligners 22 hours per day. Otherwise, you will extend the overall treatment time and force compromises in the result.
3. No food restrictions: There are little to no dietary restrictions like those in the case of braces. Its easily removable nature also allows you to eat in comfort without having your aligners on.
4. Aesthetic smile and improved overall appearance: Apart from just giving straight teeth, clear aligners also have the capability to remodel face shape, appearance, and profile too. It helps in changing the overall appearance but only in a positive way. A total transformation of crooked and unsightly teeth into an aesthetic smile filled with gorgeous and straight but healthy teeth is what you can expect from clear aligner treatment.
5. Lesser treatment time: While traditional metal braces require somewhere between 18 and 24 months, the average length of treatment with clear aligners is 12 months. However, the time needed to deliver the results you desire largely depends on how complex the treatment plan is. For example, patients with minor misalignment can see results in 6 months with Aligners. However, those with severe crowding and issues with their bite can expect treatment to take up to 18 months. Therefore, it is important to follow all of your Orthodontist’s instructions regarding your treatment so you can get results as quickly as possible!
Clear aligners have truly changed the face of orthodontic care. Being at the forefront of teeth straightening solutions, clear aligner treatment is designed to keep the patient’s comfort in mind.
Flash Orthodontics, a leading Indian brand, offers best-in-class clear aligner treatment backed by award-winning technology – TRIOS intraoral Scanning, which helps in making precise treatment plans to get the best functional and aesthetic smile for your face.
Your Comment is Submitted.