How to Correct Your Smile With Clear Aligners
3D printing has taken the world by storm over the last few years, influencing several industries, and the dental industry is no exception. Using this technology, there is a new hero which will save you from the embarrassment of misaligned teeth in a much shorter time. Who is this smile correction savior you ask? These are called Clear Aligners! Clear aligners, also known as the clear aligner treatment, are orthodontic devices that are transparent, plastic trays, an alternative to dental braces used to adjust teeth which are made using the technology of 3D printing. Before we get into the advantages of this treatment, let’s understand how this treatment works.
How Does Clear Aligner Treatment Work?
Through clear aligner treatment, you can treat various dental conditions like spacing, crowding, Deep overbites, underbites, increased overjet, etc. The first step in the process is that on visiting an orthodontist, there will be an intraoral scan done to determine your problem, the severity of the problem, and henceforth the treatment course. Each custom-made aligner, fabricated using the 3D aligner technology is formed using an individual’s specific treatment plan, that is why it is customized.
They are trimmed, polished, and checked for quality before being delivered to the patients for a seamless treatment experience. These aligners will then help shift your teeth gently and gradually into place. They move your teeth horizontally, vertically, and even rotate them, as needed. Clear aligners are engineered to use the right amount of force in the right place at the right time. As you change your clear aligners as per requirement, your teeth will become progressively straighter. It is unrealistic to see changes in one to two weeks. While result speed varies between patients, some patients may begin to notice a subtle difference within 10 to 12 weeks of treatment. Be patient, it will happen.
The rate at which your teeth move into alignment depends on many factors. For example: how complex your treatment case is, how often you wear your aligners, the shape of your jaw, the condition of your gums, your genetics, and even your diet. There is no single timetable that everyone can use for clear aligner treatment. On average, this treatment takes anywhere approximately from 6 to 18 months or sometimes even more depending on the severity of the problem.
One of the amazing things about the new aligner technology is that each treatment case is planned out using 3D models of your teeth and jaw. This allows you to see a time-lapse series of images showing you an animated preview of your teeth’ movements for smile correction. Apart from just giving straight teeth, clear aligners also have the capability to remodel face shape, appearance, and profile too. After finishing your clear aligner treatment, you will come across slight changes in the shape of your mouth. So, get prepared to see a new and better-looking you.
What are the Advantages of Clear Aligners?
While clear aligners are widely known for their virtually invisible treatment, it does have additional benefits that could make them the right treatment option for you. Below are a few benefits of clear aligners that scientifically advanced technology provides their patients in their journey of smile correction:
- Visibility: Some people simply don’t want anyone to know they are wearing braces. For them, clear aligners are the perfect smile correction appliances. These barely noticeable trays will not cause any embarrassment in going through dental treatment.
- Convenience: When it comes to convenience, clear aligners take the top spot without a fight. Whether it’s wearing them or removing them, clear aligners are easy to use. In addition to this, wearing clear aligners does not affect your speech like other dental appliances such as braces or acrylic retainers tend to.
- Maintaining Oral Hygiene: Braces can make it harder to brush and floss effectively through the hardware geometry of brackets and wires, which can give plaque a chance to build up. However, due to the easily removable nature of clear aligners, you can take them off to brush or during meals which helps you maintain good oral hygiene.
- Follow-ups: Many people with traditional braces have stories about a bracket that fell off or a wire that broke, leading to an emergency visit to the orthodontist. But because of the highly advanced aligner technology, this is not the case for clear aligners.
- No dietary restriction: They help you get the desired smile correction results with no restrictions on what food to eat and whatnot.
Clear aligners have easily become a favourite of patients in a short time. At Flash Orthodontics, we provide the latest aligner technology of TRIOS intraoral scanning to get the best result possible for your smile correction journey. Our network of 1850+ certified flash orthodontists shares our vision of offering you the best experiential care and service. Visit the nearest Flash Orthodontist today to get started on your smile correction journey with us! To find one near you visit flashaligners.
Difference Between Overjet and Overbite
How To Fix Gap in Front Teeth?
Snaggletooth: Causes and Treatments Options
How to Overcome Dental Anxiety Forever?
Your Comment is Submitted.