Invisible Clear Aligners FAQ 101: All your questions answered
Are you starting your smile makeover journey with invisible clear aligners? You might have a ton of questions then. We have compiled a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) here to help you begin your journey without any hesitation. So let’s get to it.
- What are Invisible Clear Aligners?
Invisible Clear Aligners are a modern and near-invisible Orthodontic appliance and a scientific method for correcting mild to moderate teeth alignment problems. They align teeth just as braces do, but using a transparent/invisible, removable clear aligner. Invisible Clear Aligners are designed to make small movements at a time, by putting gentle pressure on your teeth. That pressure is transferred through your roots to your jaws. During this gradual shift, your gums are reforming around each tooth. Once every tooth is in its proper place, your gums will adhere snugly to the teeth. Invisible Clear Aligners are 100% customized and made for your specific needs. They provide perfect comfort during treatment.
- How does Invisible Clear Aligner treatment work?
If you have decided that wearing aligners is the best solution for you, then all you need to do is visit a Certified Orthodontist. If you want the best Orthodontic treatment in India, go for a trusted brand like Flash Orthodontics. You will have a team of experienced Specialists, and they will provide a customized solution for your problems.
Treatment with invisible clear aligners involves creating a virtual model of your teeth with a computer program to show you all of the steps involved, from the initial position of the teeth up to the final desired result. This way, you can actually see what changes you can expect and the order in which they will happen. Then according to your treatment plan, customized trays or aligners will be 3D printed which you can wear to get your desired aesthetic smile.
Your orthodontist will explain the entire process of wearing aligners simply. The aligners will be delivered to you along with cleaning equipment so that maintaining your aligners won’t be a problem.
- How long will the treatment take?
The length of treatment depends on multiple factors, like how complex your case is and how often you wear aligners. However, it is estimated an invisible clear aligner treatment can take anywhere from 6 to 18 months. For more information, Consult a Flash Certified Orthodontist.
- At what age is it best to get invisible clear aligner treatment?
There is no age restriction to get invisible clear aligner treatment. They are ideal for older teenagers and adults alike who want to correct their smiles and not wear conventional visible braces.
- Do I need to wear my invisible clear aligners at all times?
Teeth only move when forces are applied consistently. For that reason, you must be disciplined in wearing your invisible clear aligners for at least 20-22 hours per day. Otherwise, you will extend treatment and force compromises in the result. But this means you can easily take the trays out while eating, brushing, and flossing.
- Is wearing invisible clear aligners painful?
Treatment with invisible clear aligners is a comfortable and smooth process. However, since it involves applying pressure to your teeth you can expect some discomfort. But the pain/discomfort subsides in a few days.
- Am I restricted from eating certain foods while undergoing invisible clear aligner treatment?
Absolutely not. The best part of having invisible clear aligners is that you can just remove them to eat whatever you want and put them back in after. However, do remember to brush your teeth and rinse your invisible clear aligners before putting them back on.
- Can I drink coffee, tea, or any other beverage with invisible clear aligners?
It is advisable to remove your invisible clear aligners while drinking hot or cold beverages to avoid discoloration or any damage due to temperature.
- Can I play sports with my invisible clear aligners?
Invisible clear aligners are removable which means you can take them off and play without any fear. Remember, that you must wear it for 20-22 hours a day so schedule things accordingly.
- How do I clean my invisible clear aligners?
- Each time that you eat, brush your teeth and rinse your aligners in water.
- When you remove your aligners, be sure to brush and floss your teeth before you put them back in. Failing to brush and floss properly can trap food debris and bacteria between your teeth and aligner, increasing your risk of dental issues.
- Put your invisible clear aligners in a case safely when you remove them.
- Clean the aligners with foam available with brands like Flash Orthodontics or mild soap daily. Never clean them with toothpaste.
Flash Orthodontics, a leading Indian brand, offers best-in-class invisible clear aligner treatment backed by award-winning technology – TRIOS intraoral Scanning, which helps in making precise treatment plans to get the best aesthetic smile for your face. Start your journey with Flash Orthodontics today!
Difference Between Overjet and Overbite
How To Fix Gap in Front Teeth?
Snaggletooth: Causes and Treatments Options
How to Overcome Dental Anxiety Forever?
Your Comment is Submitted.