Orthodontist’s role in Aligner Treatment
The dentistry field has advanced and grown by leaps and bounds in the past couple of decades. New treatments, advanced equipment and tools, and the latest techniques are available to solve various dental issues. With advanced orthodontic treatment procedures available, it is possible to correct incorrectly spaced or crowded teeth. For any dental treatment to be considered valid orthodontists must approve it as that will give it credibility from the experts.
Orthodontists use clear aligners as one of the most advanced and scientifically proven treatment modality to address the issue of occlusion that help in maintaining healthy dentition. This treatment renders excellent results, and orthodontists support this treatment to solve teeth alignment-related dental issues. Here, we try to understand the orthodontist’s role in aligner treatment and why it is gaining a lot of traction with them.
Aligners have emerged as the best alternative to traditional braces used to correct the alignment of teeth. It gently guides the teeth to get into the right position. It is one of the major orthodontic services available. These aligners use gradual force to control the movement of teeth without having to use metal or ceramic brackets or wires. It is a customized plastic material that is fabricated as per the patient’s mouth size. These aligners move misaligned teeth in increments until it is in the desired position.
Why Do Orthodontists Support Aligner Treatment?
Inserting aligners are a popular orthodontic treatment procedure. Orthodontists support this treatment option to correct the problem of misaligned or protruding teeth because of its amazing benefits. It solves a lot of dental issues, and the process is hassle-free and convenient. Here is why orthodontists work with aligners:
- Aligners provide the best results when correcting teeth alignment problems without affecting one’s looks.
- These aligners can be removed when eating, brushing, or flossing your teeth after meals.
- It is comfortable to wear, so wearing them for long hours is no trouble.
- It is made up of plastic material, so the chances of gums and cheeks feeling irritated are next to negligible.
- Wearing aligners also save the tooth from wear & tear and prevents grinding off or damage to the enamel.
An Orthodontist’s Role While Getting Aligners
Let’s first find out how an orthodontist works with aligners:
1. Diagnosis: Your smile makeover starts with a consultation with an orthodontist who will diagnose you with dental conditions and determine what course of action, and treatment plan suits you according to your lifestyle.
2. Intraoral Scan: Orthodontists use 3D Intraoral scanning to make customized trays that will be used in your treatment. These invisible trays or clear aligners are made by digitally scanning the inside of your mouth for precise treatment.
3. 3D Printing of Aligners: After determining the exact movement of the misaligned teeth, the orthodontist will show you exactly how your smile will look like and how long the treatment will take. Upon your approval, the 3D printing of the models for aligner fabrication will resume.
4. Delivery: After going through various stages of polishing and quality assurance, your DIY Aligner Care Starter Kit including your customized aligners will be delivered to you by your treating Orthodontist as early as 4 days’ time.
5. Smile Ready: You can start wearing your clear aligners as instructed by your orthodontist and be smile ready in no time.
Why should you go to an Orthodontist?
An Orthodontist is a specialist when it comes to your teeth alignment and function problems. The specialization is what makes them a better choice than the General dentist as he/she will help you decide what is best for your teeth and jaw. They use the most up-to-date methods and state-of-the-art tools to help patients reach their optimal desired smiles.
Orthodontists study and complete three years of Masters in Orthodontics program which makes them the experts in dealing with dental issues like crowded teeth, overbite, underbite, space between teeth, teeth with bad alignment, crossbites, and pain of teeth and jaws that occurred because of wrong biting issues. Flash has a network of over 1850 Flash Certified Orthodontists to provide the best treatment and care for your teeth.
When looking for reputed and high-end orthodontic services, look for a reputed dental clinic or center known to provide comprehensive dental treatment solutions like Flash Orthodontics. Flash has 1850+ certified orthodontists and used the award-winning TRIOS technology to provide orthodontic services that help you with your aligner to cater to dental problems!
Difference Between Overjet and Overbite
How To Fix Gap in Front Teeth?
Snaggletooth: Causes and Treatments Options
How to Overcome Dental Anxiety Forever?
Your Comment is Submitted.